Question: When running my root.sh during a RCA
install I get this error:
Failure at final check of oracle CRS stack. 10
How do I fix this root.sh script failure?
Answer: There are several books that can
assist you in a RAC install.
The "Failure at final check of oracle CRS stack. 10" is addressed
in detail at MOSC:
- MOSC Note 725878.1 title "root.sh failed at Failure at
final check of Oracle CRS stack 10" - Also see MOSC Note:
- The "Failure at final check of CRS stack" with VMware on
non-OCFS disks (raw devices) is addressed in MOSC 465001.1.
This Failure at final check of CRS stack error is always a
security issue, most likely a firewall issue (policy) or a problem
with the directory permissions.
To diagnose this "Failure at final check of oracle CRS stack.
10", try these steps:
- Make sure you are connect with root privileges.
- Ensure that you can ping each RAC node.
- Make sure that the CRS is running.
- See your logs /var/log/messages, root.sh log file and
tmp/crsctl.* files to see specific errors
- Run "ocrcheck" to ensure that you can use OCR/VOTE on the
same disk from all nodes:
Status of Oracle
Cluster Registry is as follows :
Version : 2
Total space (kbytes) : 248784
Used space (kbytes) :
space (kbytes) : 243384
ID : 519182535
Device/File Name : /dev/file/raw1
Cluster registry integrity check succeeded
- In UNIX/Linux, check your interconnect (UDP) and check
Follow up from original inquiry:
The solution was shared disk on my VMServer was not properly
configured. Somehow the disk locking was not disable by setting to
"FALSE". I corrected this and it worked perfectly!
Get the Complete
Oracle SQL Tuning Information
The landmark book
SQL Tuning The Definitive Reference" is
filled with valuable information on Oracle SQL Tuning.
This book includes scripts and tools to hypercharge Oracle 11g
performance and you can
for 30% off directly from the publisher.